While he was on vacation in the Swiss Alps, he heard the Lord talking to him. God told him, “Son, you are not preaching grace.” He replied saying, “What do you mean, Lord? That’s a real low blow!” He added, “I’m a preacher of grace. I have been a grace preacher for years, and like most preachers, I preach that we are saved by grace!” The Lord responded to him saying, “No. Every time you preach grace, you preach it with a mixture of law. You attempt to balance grace with the law, like many other preachers, and the moment you balance grace, you neutralize it. You cannot put new wine into old wineskins. You cannot put grace and law together. Son, a lot of preachers are not preaching grace what Apostle Paul preached grace.” He ended with this statement: “If you don’t preach grace radically, people’s lives will never be radically blessed and radically transformed.”
After this revelation, His ministry changed. He no longer mixed the Old Covenant with the New Covenant. When Pastor Prince started out, he had a congregation of about 150 people, today New Creation Church has over 30,000 members! This is a testament to the gospel of grace. There is probably no way to track his, “Top 10” best quotes, so I would just like to share with you some of my favorite quotes from Him. I hope you enjoy!
10. “Whatever your need is today, your solution is found in a greater revelation of Jesus. (Destined to Reign, p.189)
9. “The law is about you looking at yourself. The new covenant is all about you seeing Jesus.” (Destined to Reign, p. 196)
8. “We are all against sin, but grace is the power to get out of sin.” (Destined to Reign, p. 268)
7. “The law condemns the best of us, but grace saved the worst of us. (CD Message)
6. “Good things happen to those who believe God loves them.” (CD Message)
5. “Temptations cannot succeed when you have a revelation that you are God’s beloved.” (Destined to Reign, p. 298)
4. The devil wants you self-conscious, but God wants you Jesus-conscious.” (Destined to Reign, p.195)
3. “Worship is one of the easiest, yet most powerful ways of being free from self-occupation.” (The Power of Right Believing, p. 249)
2. “Knowing that you are completely forgiven destroys the power of sin in your life.” (Destined to Reign, p. 100)
1. “Right believing always leads to right living.” (Destined to Reign, p. 139)
What is your favorite Joseph Prince quote?
Prince, Joseph. The Power of Right Believing. New York: Faith Words, 2013. Print
Prince, Joseph. Unmerited Favor. Lake Mary, FL: Charisma House, 2009. Print.
Prince, Joseph. Destined to Reign. Tulsa, OK: Harrison House, 2007. Print.